Take great steps towards the UK
Why study in the UK:
• British Higher education and qualifications have an impressive international reputation. Regardless of where you study, you will receive high quality teaching from leading professionals. Any qualification gained in the UK will be highly regarded internationally.
• UK has world-leading universities than other European nations and has some of the best universities in the world.
• Lots of Bangladeshi community lives in UK Despite the differences, it is home to some of the most reputed Ranking and reliable universities of the world. We all Bangladeshi student know that In addition to the hallowed Oxford and Cambridge, UK have a large number of other universities which rank among the best in the world and offer a wide range of courses for all Bangladeshi students.
• Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses tend to be shorter than in other countries which help to keep the cost of tuition fees and cost of living down. Most undergraduate courses take three years to complete, although in Scotland it takes four years and postgraduate courses from one year upwards
• British degree accepted globally. Most of the UK universities students get in employment just right after they complete their study. In Bangladesh, there are so many multinational and global companies managers, CEO and top management employees are British degree holders. That is not only because they studied in the UK because they gain most advanced and quality education of real Business world or another field.
Popular Cities in UK:
• Studying in England: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool
• Studying in Scotland: Edinburgh, Glasgow
• Studying in Wales: Cardiff, Swansea
• Studying in Northern-Ireland: Belfast
How many intakes in a year:
All Bangladeshi Student can attend in 3 intake which is September, January and summer intake in July every year
Duration of the course:
Student can attend any Undergraduate Programs, which is for 3 years course & Postgraduate Programs 1 or 2 years course. MBA 1 year or 18 months course
What is the academic requirement to study in UK?
SSc or equivalent examination result minimum GPA 3.0 above or 60% mark & HSc or equivalent examination result minimum GPA 3.0 above or 60% mark
Undergraduate minimum GPA 3.0 above or 70% mark and SSc or equivalent examination result minimum GPA 4.0 above or 70% mark & HSc or equivalent examination result minimum GPA 4.0 above or 70% mark
English requirement to study in UK:
• Undergraduate – 6.0 IELTS / TOEFL – 79
• Post Graduate – 6.5 in IELTS / TOEFL – 90
University Application Fees:
Some University takes application fees from Bangladeshi GBP 50 to 150 (Tk. 15,000)
Cost of Studying in UK Universities:
Bangladeshi students fall in international student’s tuition fees category. Though the tuition fees vary on the course, they choose also university to University but for international students its starts from £ 9000 to £15000/year for both Bachelor and Master’s program
Tuition Fees in UK:
Tuition fees for international students are not fixed or governed in the UK. This means that they can vary greatly from institution to institution, and each university decides what they wish to charge. The tuition fees you are charged will be highly dependent on your home country. If you are coming from an EU country, you are likely to be charged the same as a UK student. If you are from any other country, you will pay international student fees.
• Under-graduation – £ 10,000 to £ 20,000 (BDT 10-22lac) per year
• Post-Graduation – £ 13,000 to £ 22,000 (BDT. 15-25lac) per year
Various sources estimate that the average annual cost of an undergraduate degree for an international student is
• £12,000 (Tk. 12, 90,000)/year
• £36,000 (Tk. 38, 65,000)* over three years
• £48,000 (Tk. 51, 53,000)* for a four year course
Note: this does not include the cost of living
The average student rent is £125 (Tk. 13,225)/week, or £535 (Tk. 56,600)/month, however, students in London can expect to pay an average of £182 (Tk. 19,225)/week, or £640 (Tk. 67,715)/month.
Tuition Fees refund policy:
Most of the university refunds 100% but some charges processing fees GBP 50 to 100 from any Bangladeshi students
When student needs to pay Tuition Fees:
Bangladeshi Student pays tuition fees before CAS (Confirmation of Studies)
Living Expenditure in UK:
It is impossible to state exactly how much you will need to cover your living expenses per academic year as the amount you will spend will depend on the standard of your living and personal tastes. The estimation can be £ 1,265 (Tk. 1, 35,000/-) per month and at least £14,000 (Tk. 15, 00,000) per year. This will cover your rent, groceries, travel, and any other necessary expenses. If you choose to live in London, you should budget for higher living costs, as it is significantly more expensive than the rest of the UK.
Bank solvency needed for UK:
• Studying within London borough – First year tuition + 1,265 Pounds (Nine months max.)
• Outside London borough – First year tuition + 1,025 Pounds (Nine months max.)
Which can be estimated to be BDT 30, 00,000/-
Duration of the Bank solvency to study in UK:
28 days bank solvency maturity is mandatory.
Scholarship opportunities for UK:
Scholarship opportunities is available for each university
Part time Job opportunity:
International student studying in university will get work rights of 20 hours per week during study session and full time during Vacations. After the completion of their course, students are allowed to stay for up to 4 months and upon securing their graduate employment, they can convert their student visa to a work visa.
Most countries have a minimum wage that all employers must adhere to, even if you are a casual part-time shift worker. In the UK, this is currently £6.50 (Tk. 700) per hour if you are over the age of 21. In Australia, it is AU$16.87 (Tk. 1,000) per hour and in the US it is US$7.25.
VISA processing time for UK embassy:
3 to 4 weeks time required for VISA processing.